Pages

Saturday 8 October 2011

100 Word Challenge For Grown Ups Week 13

I missed the deadline for 100WCGU last week - try as I may, I was completely unable to come up with anything! I did marginally better this week, but thought I may as well submit it anyway. It does prove my really rubbish taste in TV. To be fair, I don't indulge in TV very often so I'm not greatly fussy!


Blinded by bright light, he tried to ground himself. He’d spent hours in the unseasonal weather and the day had finally taken its toll. His palms were sweaty, throat dry. He tried to focus on something – anything that would distract him from the distant buzzing in the background.

His questions were answered – his time was now. He had one last task. He opened his mouth but nothing would come. It wasn’t long before the once-distant buzzing became the shrill howling of his shame. He had failed, his head hung low.

“I’m sorry, but it’s a no from me.” Smiled Louis.

Maybe next year…

*As far as I'm aware, there are still problems with the comments on Blogger, nothing I've tried so far has worked as this is a new problem! I'm in the process of switching to another host, apologies for my "ignorance" in the process :(*

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fun & clever post! I was wondering where on earth it was leading to. Great! Oh & yes you do have rubbish viewing programme! ;);)

    Thank you so much for joining the challenge. New post up on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have captured the rabbit in the headlights. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an American, so not sure but this sounds vaguely like American Idol? Well done. Enjoyed the nervous build up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers